Charitable contributions to Timber Ridge School help change the lives of young men in our care by helping them take life-changing strides for a better tomorrow. Your generous support makes improving and growing our programs possible – your support has provided improved classroom technology; recreational equipment for out-of-school time; and in 2021, 100% funded the construction of the career and technical educational facility, the CTE Trades Academy. We invite donors to schedule a tour of our campus to see what your contribution can accomplish.
Ways to Donate
There are various ways to donate that positively impact the young men we serve. From time to time, we will promote a campaign based on a specific need. In addition, there are several ongoing programs that your donation can fund:
- Giving Program provides unrestricted support for Timber Ridge School to be used where it is needed the most.
- Academic Awards supports quarterly and yearly academic awards as students are honored for their achievement in the classroom and upon graduation.
- All About the Boys is student-center support providing items that directly impact students. From recreational and leisure supplies and equipment to items that help prepare our young men for their next steps. Donations have purchased personal computers for students as they prepare for college or items needed for older students transitioning to independent living post discharge.
- Santa’s Helpers provides funds for the staff to shop for gifts for each student on campus during the holiday and provides opportunities for students to experience holiday traditions. Each year many of the teens in our care cannot go home for the Christmas and New Year holidays. Special activities are planned to make the holidays memorable. Your generous donation make the positive memories possible.
- Toolbox Program supports the CTE Trades Academy at Timber Ridge School by supplying students with the tools they need to complete their chosen career and technical education program.
Gifts can be made online by selecting any of the links above.
Historic Ornament Program
Since 1996, the artist Mort Künstler has donated his artwork for our collectible historic ornament program. The proceeds from ornament sales over the years have benefited our organization and the boys we serve in a multitude of ways. A dormitory was furnished and an endowment fund arranged amongst many others. Timber Ridge School is grateful for Mort’s generosity and friendship. Today, only 1,000 ornaments are produced each year and are sold beginning in early September in an online store.
Other ways to contribute
- Mail a personal check to Timber Ridge School, P.O. Box 3160, Winchester, VA 22604
- For gifts-in-kind, please contact the Development Office to determine the need for various items.
If you have any questions or would like to explore making a charitable gift, please feel free to contact our Development Office.
Leary Educational Foundation, Inc., dba Timber Ridge School is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law (EIN: 54-0885291). Please see your tax advisor for details.
Annual financial reports for Leary Educational Foundation, Inc. are available upon request. More information can be found at www.guidestar.org.